Skip to main content

Reflection|Goodbye

ATTEMPT AT SCRIPT WRITING

For this post, I will be showing the script i attempted to write. There are some typical features that I see whenever I read a script and I tried to apply it to my scripts. Writing a script was not as effective as I thought it will be but it helped me to an extent in the development of my project.



When it came to writing the script, I knew how I wanted my film to end but I  hadn't thought of a detailed series of events that will lead to that. So in that aspect, I needed to do more planning and evaluate the different things that could possibly happen. After doing the series of planning, I realised that I needed to do even more planning because I needed to plan the shots and angles for each scene and how they would position the audience.



The initial script I wrote was unfinished because I honestly couldn't follow it. I thought some scenes were great but while shooting I would change the idea because I had thought of something better while shooting. Then, I realised that there was no point of having that specific script because I was clearly not using it. This is the link to the UNFINISHED scripts
UNFINISHED HORROR SCRIPTS

Another dIffIculty,I faced especIally wIth thIs scrIpt Is that there were some scenes, actIons and reactIons that I wanted the actress to act out from the script but It wasn't the way I ImagIned It so It compelled me to change a lot of things so that the actress was able to act out what she could.but I realize now that the purpose of the script was to guide me and enable me not sway from my initial plan which means that I should have encouraged and guided the actress to act the way I thought best fit the scripts . In other words, both me as well as the actress should have followed the script rather than changing the script at every slIght Inconvenience.


This led to me writing a new script which in my opinion was more of a summary guide than an actual script. This script was much more helpful than the first script because I highlighted the problems I faced in the other script and I bettered it in this new script. This is the link :
so basically, I realized part of my problem was always rearranging the storyline because I always think of something I believe is better while filming. So what I did here was to write down the storyline that I really liked and right on the side, I write down other possible outcomes that can happen as well.

For example, if she was running away from something, she could trip on something and struggle to stand up again and continue running. Another idea might be for her to be running and keep looking back as if she is being chased then wakes up from a dream.

This helped narrow down my disarrayed thoughts and when it came to filming, I looked through and pick which one would be better for me to film or in some cases, I film all the ideas because it was more arranged to do everything.
Also, when it came to the shots, I wrote down specific shots that I knew I had no choice but to film and I wrote down possible shots that I could do with other scenes.This allowed me to follow the script but have a limited choice of freedom and I love this process

Comments

  1. This is a good post on the script but now I am concerned that this is the only post you have added with only a couple of days to go - You seem to be somewhat behind here and you really should have been blogging throughout this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INDOMIE: INDONESIAN NOODLES (project sample)

Most times when I cook I always take pictures to show the process and the transformation process of foods. I like to know how dishes are made, the origin and what it is made of. I think this is very important because a lot of people are not aware of what their food contains. These pictures were taken weeks ago and I am posting them because I really like Indomie and for a long time, I taught they were introduced firstly in Nigeria but it is Indonesian born.                                                                                     I boiled the noodles in the sachets to make them edible and I boiled the egg. Indomie noodles come with sachet seasonings. when the Indomie was soft enough to my preference, I added the seasonings and red pepper then mixed it all up .then I poured the prepared Indomie to a plate and I put the boiled egg as well as an already boiled chicken which I previously had. now i devour the result of my hard work These pictures show the process o

PROJECT RESEARCH :HORROR AUDIO

horror audio research For this post, i'm going to be researching more on horror audio. As I've mentioned previously,i already know what i want when it comes to the audio. i want it to be very subtle and unsettled. In this video,I explained the different types of audios i can use in horror from what i observed after my research. low pitched,high pitched,fast paced and slow paced .i explained their examples and how they affect the audience. i also pointed out which the ones i think i will use. reference: what make a music scary? MANIPULATION OF OUR EMOTIONS Example of low pitched and high pitched sounds

COLLABORATION:Research

Welcome to my blog, For this post, I will be doing  research for my collaboration project. In my previous post, I talked about the social media idea that I and my teammates decided to work on. I decided to narrow down my research to two things that I am currently interested in which is my continuation route and music. Uber and Spotify My Continuation Route: Business management with Economics During my research, I was searching for businesses that are very different but were able to effectively collaborate to produce something unique and useful and that is how I found Spotify and Uber.   you’ll be able to travel in style by choosing the soundtrack for your Uber ride. When you request a new ride via the Uber app and get matched with a music-enabled vehicle, you’ll also be able to connect to Spotify and select between ready-made playlists, your own playlists or whatever else you’d like to hear. You’ll also be able to wirelessly control the music during the ride using eith