Skip to main content

Reflection|Goodbye

TARGET MARKET FOR MY MAJOR PROJECT:RESEARCH

defining your target market or niche is the single most important business decision you can make as an entrepreneur-Saskia Gregory
 For this post, I will specify my target audience for my African food major project. when putting out your work to the public, it is advisable to have a target audience; people with similar interest that will be able to relate to your work and that is what I will try to do for this post.
Also, for this post, I will be researching on someone who has made a name for himself through the act of acknowledging his target market and engaging with them properly. I will be looking at one of the greatest chefs ever.....
Gordon Ramsay. (whoooo)
Born in Scotland on 8 November 1966, Gordon James Ramsay is a well known British chef, author and television personality
Ramsay's restaurants have been awarded 16 Michelin stars in total and currently hold a total of 7. His signature restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay in Chelsea, London, has held three Michelin stars since 2001. -Gordon Ramsay Restaurant.

image source
One of the ways Gordon has interacted with his audience and promoted his brand was through shows he was featured in. I will be focusing on two of them called HELL'S kitchen and Kitchen Nightmare.
Hell's Kitchen was a show hosted by Gordon and shown on American channel called FOX. This show was about the competition between aspiring chefs where a single winner will be picked through the process of elimination.
Gordon was the host as he judged the contestants based on the quality of the dishes they made and he strictly supervised them in the preparation process. His main aim was the production of the perfect dish. Through this, Gordon was able to demonstrate his culinary skills and knowledge, As a chef, it is more likely that his target audience are people who love to eat, to cook or people who love food in general, therefore he was able to interact with his audience in various forms like tv shows, practical display and tips in the kitchen and also through entertainment.Through this, it is probable that he has caught the attention of people beyond his target market. I believe that this is a good marketing strategy because he is reaching so many different people with different interest.

This is what I aim to do in my major project which is Themed African food. my target audience is young people who are interested in cooking food and also exploring different foods from different cultures. This relates to my course (media and communication) because it is a way I can engage with more people that love African food and communicate with them through food as it brings us together to find different ways cultural meals can be made.

Reference:
https://usabilla.com/blog/5-digital-marketing-lessons-from-gordon-ramsay/
https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/restaurants-and-bars/

QUOTE FOR THE DAY
food is our common ground, a universal experience.-James Beard

Comments

  1. You need to expand on this to say that your young audience will be found on social media investigate generation Z and how they access food blogs and receipes - check this out - https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2018/07/17/Move-over-millennials-Gen-Z-is-now-shaping-the-food-and-beverage-landscape

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INDOMIE: INDONESIAN NOODLES (project sample)

Most times when I cook I always take pictures to show the process and the transformation process of foods. I like to know how dishes are made, the origin and what it is made of. I think this is very important because a lot of people are not aware of what their food contains. These pictures were taken weeks ago and I am posting them because I really like Indomie and for a long time, I taught they were introduced firstly in Nigeria but it is Indonesian born.                                                                                     I boiled the noodles in the sachets to make them edible and I boiled the egg. Indomie noodles come with sachet seasonings. when the Indomie was soft enough to my preference, I added the seasonings and red pepper then mixed it all up .then I poured the prepared Indomie to a plate and I put the boiled egg as well as an already boiled chicken which I previously had. now i devour the result of my hard work These pictures show the process o

PROJECT RESEARCH :HORROR AUDIO

horror audio research For this post, i'm going to be researching more on horror audio. As I've mentioned previously,i already know what i want when it comes to the audio. i want it to be very subtle and unsettled. In this video,I explained the different types of audios i can use in horror from what i observed after my research. low pitched,high pitched,fast paced and slow paced .i explained their examples and how they affect the audience. i also pointed out which the ones i think i will use. reference: what make a music scary? MANIPULATION OF OUR EMOTIONS Example of low pitched and high pitched sounds

COLLABORATION:Research

Welcome to my blog, For this post, I will be doing  research for my collaboration project. In my previous post, I talked about the social media idea that I and my teammates decided to work on. I decided to narrow down my research to two things that I am currently interested in which is my continuation route and music. Uber and Spotify My Continuation Route: Business management with Economics During my research, I was searching for businesses that are very different but were able to effectively collaborate to produce something unique and useful and that is how I found Spotify and Uber.   you’ll be able to travel in style by choosing the soundtrack for your Uber ride. When you request a new ride via the Uber app and get matched with a music-enabled vehicle, you’ll also be able to connect to Spotify and select between ready-made playlists, your own playlists or whatever else you’d like to hear. You’ll also be able to wirelessly control the music during the ride using eith